Applications accepted year round for EMTs at all levels, Firefighters, and Ambulance Drivers.
No certification necessary – contact us for information about sponsorship through Madison College.
Our department consists of 11 full-time employees, 3 limited time employees, and over 60 paid on call members. Most department personnel are cross-trained as firefighters and emergency medical technicians (EMT/AEMT/Paramedic). We offer a variety of opportunities to serve, each with a high level of satisfaction. Whether you serve as a firefighter, emergency medical technician, or support member, few opportunities in life can match the satisfaction of knowing you’re making a difference in the lives of others.
Annually, our department responds to approximately 1,600 calls and roughly 80% are EMS related.
Applications are accepted year round for EMTs and firefighters at all levels, and ambulance drivers. Download an application by clicking here, or come to the station and request one in person. We hope you choose to apply to become our teammate. It may become the most rewarding experience of your life.
- No formal training is required
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Pass a criminal background check
- Applicants desiring to be firefighters and/or EMTs should be physically capable of handling the requirements and demands of the job
- DeForest Windsor Fire and EMS is an equal opportunity employer.
- Members are required to attend six hours of training per month by attending weekly Fire and EMS drills on Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m lasting roughly three hours each
- Full-time employees operate from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm on a two week rotation – three shifts one week, two shifts the next
- Paid on call EMS members are on call once every eight days from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am on weekdays and 6:00 am to 6:00 am on weekends
- Arriving early is the expectation
- In addition to the pride and satisfaction that comes from helping those in need, membership with DWFD will provide you access to many personal and professional development opportunities
- As listed in “Application Requirements,” no formal training is required and certification opportunities are offered at no-cost to you through Madison College
- In addition to Thursday night training, extra fire training is occasionally offered on weekends
- Classes and seminars are also available through a variety of professional Fire and EMS organizations such as the Wisconsin EMS Association and the State Fire Chief’s Association
For additional information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-846-4364.